Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thank you

WOW what a great response to the new blog so THANK YOU for reading this.  My goal for this blog is to be more of a mediator then a contributor.  I have started to reach out to some of you on being a guest blogger because I want this site to have many voices.  One suggestion was to also include points of views from grandfathers since many grandparents are raising their grandchildren.  I have also thought of the different areas of being a dad and what I mean by this and maybe I am not phrasing it correctly.  The fact that kids are raised by single dads or step dads that to me would be great topics because I would like to know how they structure their parenting skills.   

As of today we have had 309 views of this blog so THANK YOU for stopping buy and reading this blog.  Through Linked In and my email (thomasmaloneyjr@yahoo.com) there have been wonderful responses to this blog.  I am just so grateful to hopefully help get the word out that there are wonderful dads and again grandfathers as well out there.  I still am in awe of 309 people having read the first blog post.

To make this blog successful I want to invite anyone to send me 300 word document on positive dads/grandfathers to help showcase wonderful guys who are doing parenting right.  I was watching a new show on ESPN where the host Dan Le Batard has as his co-host, his dad.  How cool is that?  This is wonderful of a father son relationship. 

I was also watching this morning (Tuesday) the Dan Patrick show.  He had on Jerry West on his show (former LA Lakers great and GM) to talk about his new book “West on West.”  Jerry talked about how horrible his relationship with his dad was.  He also spoke openly about going through and battling depression because of what he went through as a child.  I thought of how vital my relationship not only with my son but with my dad.  After listening to the interview all I wanted to do was hug both my son and dad.  Please tell your kids and dad (if you have that type of bond) that you love them.

Please spread the word of this blog and again I am open to your submissions.  If you have any questions, concerns or verbal abuse please email me @ thomasmaloneyjr@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment